Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Dry Week Amidst lots of Rain

Alas as the rain keeps pouring down on Northeastern Illinois, I have been ferrying drywall to my house.  This week I began drywalling the unfinished side of the garage.  It was quite the task; since I left for school last fall that wall seems to have become a magnet for items.

The task took longer than I thought. I didn't expect quite so much stuff to move, and I was only permitted to transport 3 sheets of rock at a time because my mom feared my truck couldn't handle more.  True my brothers don't take care of her sensative needs like I did when I drove her, but she still has the spunk to transport a load.  Regardless, the same cashier at Home Depot (plug) rang me up all three times I was there, and probably thought I was an idiot for not getting all 7 sheets at once.

The finished product is marvelous though. I also took a trip to pick up new shelving to help organize, and despite my not perfect drywalling (I didn't make it perfect because we aren't taping, mudding, or painting it), it looks amazing the way it is organized.

Shifting gears today I get to see my best friend and the most amazing girl in the world.  Initial plans had been boating, but with a chance of thunderstorms all day, the plan changed to bowling today, while I was typing this entry.  Boating has been moved to Sunday now, so all is good there.

I am going to go now and take an axe to the dresser that I removed from the garage yesterday to replace with the metal shelving.  Then I am going to throw it on the burn pit and have a massive fire!  It's okay though, my brother is a firefighter....

No comments:

Post a Comment